YOGA TEACHER & LIFESTYLE TRAINING – 200 HOURS APRIL 2020
Level 1 – 200 Hours
Yoga is a complete system for strength, health, expansion and total wellbeing. It is so much more than physical postures and Yoga that is shared from an authentic, classical living tradition brings the practitioner into deeper balance and knowledge about themselves, their life, and others.
Stepping into Yoga Lifestyle and Teacher Training is an excellent way to access yogic skills, knowledge while accessing your own true strength and potential. Within the framework of Kriya Tantra Yoga, we offer a holistic traditional approach to learning how to harness and transmit yoga that guides you through the fundamentals as well as some deeper and more subtle aspects within yoga spectrum.
Our Yoga Teacher and Lifestyle Training integrates, body, breath, mind and the refined energetic systems within the being to provide an integrated and holistic approach to sharing Yoga in classes and workshops as well within a yogic approach to life. This training is experience based with a clear structure that enables you to grow in expertise, competency and confidence to go on and teach yoga to others as well as to enhance the depth and power of your own personal practice.
This training system was developed by Ashram Yoga, New Zealand and is the same system through which Swami Premajyoti received her early yoga training. It follows classical yoga traditions passed down from teacher to student over many generations, yet it is still approachable, scientific and broadly applicable in these modern times.
Style of Yoga The style of yoga we work with in the course falls within Hatha Yoga. Hatha Yoga involves physical postures (asanas), breathing techniques (pranayama) and the direction of energy through the breath to bring strength and balance to the human system as a whole. Hatha Yoga is a powerful tool for self-transformation. It asks us to bring our attention to the breath, which helps us to still the fluctuations of the mind and be more present in the unfolding of each moment. In this training, we emphasize breath awareness while performing yoga postures as this has a profound impact on all levels of your being. It is this emphasis on the breath that differentiates our approach from many other styles.
This style of yoga is suitable and adaptable to everyone: beginners, advanced yogis, seniors, pregnant women and those with injuries. What we teach is well-rounded and very practical. It is a traditional, practical, holistic approach, covering many lesser taught aspects of yoga including:
Pranayama – breathing technique
Dyana – Meditation
Mudra – Psychic hand formations
Bhandas – Energy locks
Shatkarmas – Cleansing practices
Mantra – sacred chanting
Yogic Philosophy & Lifestyle approach
Swami Premajyoti Saraswati is a Yoga Teacher and Meditation Guide, and has been fully immersed in sharing the yogic arts for over a decade, including teaching advanced meditation courses and leading Pilgrimages to sacred sites in India. As a trainer, Swami Premajyoti’s teaching style employs good structure that allows room to ‘play’ with ideas and techniques while still scaffolding the learning experience to build a high levels of knowledge and confidence.
An educator in one form of another for over 20 years, Premajyoti has taught throughout all age groups of the schooling system. She holds an Education Degree, Teaching Diploma and a Masters Degree in Counseling Psychology. She served communities as a counseling therapist for a number of years before discovering the beauty and transformative healing power of Yoga.
In the area of Yoga, she is a registered 500hrs Experienced Yoga Instructor and a teacher trainer, registered as an Ongoing Education Provider with the Yoga Alliance.
Taught over 9 Weekends Stucture
- 6 x workshop weekends
- 2 x teaching weekends
- 1 Anatomy weekend
- Daily personal practice for the month in between each workshop
- Monthly study & written assignments
Monthly assignments comprising home study and written exercises Course material is presented in workbooks for you to keep and make notes in. Extra text books are beneficial but not compulsory and a suggested reading list and purchase links will be made available upon course registration. We include homework assignments to keep your learning flowing each month with written feedback given in response to work on. There are no pass/fail exams. Upon completion of the course you will be eligible to register as a Yoga Teacher with the International Yoga Alliance.
The course covers a full spectrum of practices from absolute beginners to intermediate level:
- Asanas: Yoga postures – moving, holding and corrective for the various bodily systems, e.g. digestive, hormonal, reproductive, etc.
- Pranayama: Yogic breathing techniques to both energize and balance.
- Mudra: Hand gestures that direct internal energy
- Mantra: Powerful sound patterns that liberate the mind and emotions
- Nidra Vidya: Systematic yogic relaxation to release stress and emotional tension
- Dhyana: Introduction to meditation practices that will increase the awareness and calm the mind
- Shatkarmas: Techniques to purify and cleanse the body
- Anatomy and Physiology: Structure and function of the main physical body systems, as well as the energy systems of the subtle body. The anatomy of knees, hips, shoulder girdle and alignment for safety in yoga classes.
- Balancing: Application of yoga to body, energy, mind and emotions
- Posture: Postural and adjustment techniques
- Teaching: Teaching methodology, class structure, lesson planning and practical experience
- Diet: Introduction to Ayurveda – the sister healing science to yoga
- Philosophy: Introduction to yoga philosophy and ancient wisdom
- Yogic Lifestyle: Ways of applying the skills, techniques and philosphies of Yoga into daily life
Skills Gained – At course completion you will:
- Be able to design classes for both groups and individuals that suit their ability and overall needs, including postures (asana), yogic breathing (pranayama), relaxation and meditation.
- Understand how the yoga you deliver impacts the human system on a physical, energetic and mind level and apply this to the combinations of techniques you choose to suit people from all walks of life.
- Support people of different needs, body type and awareness within your class structures.
- Structure and deliver classes that have an energetic map and know how to use such structure for different impacts within a class.
- Gain a deeper understanding of your own body, energy and mind and how to work with yoga to optimize your health and vitality.
- Be able to explain the basic elements of yoga practice to class participants and know why particular things are included in yoga classes.
- Develop an understanding of the basic philosophies that underpin Yoga and what is generally considered ‘Yogic Lifestyle’.
- Formulate group and individual classes for differing levels of ability and needs including utilising yoga postures (asanas), breathing techniques (pranayama), relaxation and simple meditation techniques.
- Apply beginners to intermediate yoga practices for overall health, wellness and therapeutic benefits.
- Understand how to apply the practices for optimum effect – for yourself and in yoga classes.
- Understand the physiological and psychological effects of practicing yoga: how it affects our body, energy, brain and mind.
2020 Course Dates
- Weekend 1: Saturday 4th – Sunday 5th April
- Weekend 2: Saturday 25th – Sunday 26th April
- Weekend 3: Saturday 16th – Sunday 17th May
- Weekend 4: Saturday 13th – Sunday 14th June
- Weekend 5: Saturday 11th – Sunday 12th July
- Weekend 6: Saturday 8th – Sunday 9th August
- Weekend 7: Saturday 5th – Sunday 6th September
- Weekend 8: Saturday 17th – Sunday 18th October
- Weekend 9: Saturday 31st Oct – Sunday 1st November
Weekend Class Structure
Saturday Morning Yoga Class 8:30am – 6:30pm
Sunday 8:00 am – 7:00pm general instruction.
A simple healthy vegetarian lunch is provided each full day of training.
Tea and filtered water are also available.
There will be breaks over the course of each day, so participants are welcome to bring snacks to stay fueled.
$2540.00 If paid in full prior to beginning of the course
$2740.00 When paying in 6 Installments of $390.00 over 6 Months
$400.00 Deposit required upon application if not paying in full
- Training Workbooks
- Full Instruction and background learning support
- Written feedback on all assignment work
- Healthy Vegetarian lunch each day of training
- Immersion in and experience of yogic lifestyle environment during training.